Welcome to my brand new blog! Okay okay, it's not new. But I went so far as to delete all my prior posts to really make it new (besides, my wife probably would appreciate all the stuff I said while single not being out there). So as is common with first posts, this'll be long and autobiographical.
About me. I am a late-20s Korean-American bloke who lives in the Washington, DC area. I am a lawyer by trade -- a patent litigator, to be specific -- though currently I clerk for a federal appellate judge. I have been happily married for a little over six months now to my wonderful wife, E, who is an American lass from Seattle. No kids yet, but the full court press is on, and I am being double-teamed by E and my parents, so probably our first will be coming sometime in the next year. And to be honest, I'm looking forward to it, too -- being a dad seems like it will be very rewarding. And a lot of fun, too (all you parents of newborns and teenagers, stop laughing).
I'm a big sports fan. I moved around a lot as a kid so I don't have a hometown per se, but generally I follow New York teams because that's where I was living when sports finally overtook pop-up books on my list of coolest things on earth (though they remain a close second). So that means the Jets, Yankees, Rangers, and even the Knicks (ugh). I am also a rabid Arsenal supporter (that's professional English soccer).
Aside from sports, my passions include politics, music, travel, and being a huge nerd.
Politics: I'm generally a Barry Goldwater Republican, strangely enough -- broad brush this means: small government, fiscal conservatism, social libertarianism, free trade, states' rights, strong military, law & order, anti-regulation, market-based solutions . . . you get the idea. Or rather you don't -- I feel like as soon as anyone in this country applies a label to him- or herself, people who don't like the label try to read in everything that could be bad. So "free trade" immediately means the person hates American workers and wants to ship all jobs overseas, which of course is ridiculous. But heck, I'll put myself out there for now.
Music: Eclectic. I like most types of music. Even country (for all you Yankee types I've spent so much time with the last decade up here in the Northeast). My favorites include U2, Keane, Weezer, Chili Peppers, Snoop Dogg, Dre, Little Big Town, Josh Turner, Marvin Gaye, Charlie Parker, Coltrane, Sondheim, Dvorak, and Shostakovich. All great stuff. But despite the breadth of interest, there's not a lot of depth -- I'm pretty picky about what music I like.
Travel: I've been to 48 states (excepting Montana and North Dakota), Korea (where I was born), Canada, Mexico, England, Italy, Greece, Austria, Russia, Egypt, Kenya, UAE (Dubai), the Maldives, Argentina, Uruguay, and various stops in the Caribbean. There's nothing I like better than traveling. My wife and I are planning our (delayed) honeymoon right now, and we're planning on Botswana, South Africa, and Madagascar, if we can afford it. Best trip so far was probably either Kenya (safari during the Serengeti/Masai Mara migration) or Egypt.
Huge Nerd-dom: Covers a lot of ground. Among my favorite movies are the BBC's Planet Earth miniseries and PBS's The Elegant Universe. I can recite almost word-for-word the entirety of The Princess Bride (and E hates when I do -- have to admit, it's annoying). I went to the 12:01am premiere of Star Wars Episode I . . . and liked it. I play video games, including World of Warcraft (though casually; if E only knew what REAL Warcraft freaks were like . . . no offense). I'd take a museum or zoo or aquarium over a trendy club or bar any day of the week. I obsess over camera accessories. Yep, a huge nerd.
So thats me in a long-winded nutshell. As for the future of this blog, I'll be blogging about pretty much anything that enters my teeny little mind. Unfortunately, I'm neither funny nor insightful. But I am a pretty good speller, so feel free to use this blog as a reference tool. Until next time . . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment