I am the world's worst blogger. It's been over a year since my last post. I'm sure no one noticed, but still.
What a year it has been though. I changed jobs -- my clerkship ended so I am now back at my old firm. We have a new president (more on this in upcoming posts). I now own a Wii and the greatest video game ever made, Rock Band. Michael Jackson died. Our cats were put on a diet because the male, Cairo, is overweight -- much to his sister Nairobi's chagrin. The U.S. economy is, shall we say, a tad depressed. Interesting times!
Speaking of the economy, E and I were actually in Australia when the financial markets crashed last fall. I had just left my clerkship so we finally went on our honeymoon, which conveniently doubled as our first anniversary. What a fabulous trip -- if we could find jobs in Australia and get the red tape dealt with, I'd move there in a second. Sydney was so much fun. Of course, we'd have to sell our house before we could leave and so, well, even with jobs we ain't goin' anytime soon.
Won't belabor this post with too many details of our trip, but one thing I learned in Australia was that koalas make perhaps the most unexpected noise you'd ever think they'd make. This isn't our video, but I can attest that it is accurate -- koalas sound like a weird cross between a pig, a donkey, and a Harley Davidson. Bizarre!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment